Career Connections & Community Engagement
Financial Aid
Health & Counseling
International Students
Mail & Copy Center
Learning, Advising, and Balance
Registrar & Records
Safety & Transportation
Student Access and Support Services
Student Accounts
Subject Tutoring
Undocumented Students
Writing Support

Registrar and Records

M Center—Academic Records Forms

ACT-Mills Program App and Checklist

Add/Drop Form (187k, pdf)

Auditor Application (147K, pdf)

Change of Address Form (64k, pdf)

  • Update your permanent address.
  • Update your permanent phone number.

Change of Advisor Form (68.7k, pdf)

Change of Gender Form (27k, pdf)

Change of Name Form (92k, pdf)

  • Current and former students may record a name change upon presentation of legal documentation.
  • Record a preferred name which will appear on class rosters, grade rosters, email and other areas.  Documentation is not required.

Credit Value Change

  • Courses offered at a fixed credit value (not variable credit) are not eligible for credit value changes. If you wish to add credit for a fixed credit class, work with the instructor to submit an Independent Study form for the additional credit amount.
  • Courses offered as variable course credit (for example, 2-4), students may select the credit amount when registering for the class.

Cross-Registration Permit (101.91k, pdf)

  • Students who wish to take courses not offered at Mills may take advantage of cross-registration agreements with many Bay Area colleges.
  • Visit the cross-registration website for eligibility requirements and guidelines.

Declaration of Major (128k, pdf)

Declaration of Minor (88k, pdf)

Degree Completion Options Petition (120k, pdf)

  • Undergraduates use this form to petition for "In Absentia" graduation status or to utilize the Reduced Tuition program.

Directed Research Application (88k, pdf)

  • Undergraduate students may assist a faculty member by conducting advanced research.  

Domestic Study Application (79k, pdf)

  • Visit the domestic study website for information on eligibility and partiticipating schools.

Enrollment Verification Request

  • Students may access myMills to request, print or view the status of an enrollment verification.

Change of Graduate Program/Concentration/Status (93k, pdf)

  • For graduate students who wish to change major emphasis or concentration.

Graduation Date Change Form (25.5k, pdf)

  • Use this form to change your graduation date. This form may be printed or attached to an email to

Incomplete Grade Request/Report (83.7k, pdf)

  • Under exceptional circumstances a student may use this form to request a grade of "I" Incomplete for a course. 

Independent Study Form (140k, pdf)

  • Receive academic credit for work completed independently with faculty supervision.

Individualized Major

Intent to Participate (48k, pdf)

  • Students studying abroad must complete this form before departure.

Lab/Lecture Only (57k, pdf)

  • Use this form to register separately for the lab or lecture portion of a science course.

Management Practicum Registration Form (62k, pdf)

  • MBA Graduate students use this form to request to register for MGMT 288.

Petition For Candidacy (197k, pdf)

  • Graduate students only must submit this application for graduation.

Petition to Academic Standing Committee 

  • Students may request an exception to College policy by filing a petition electronically using the online form available in the Student Records page on the Portal, for review by the Academic Standing Committee. 

Petition to Complete UG Degree Requirements "In Absentia"

  • This form has been replaced by the Degree Completion Options form.  

Readmission Application (68k, pdf)

Replacement Diploma Request (180k, pdf)

  • Order a replacement diploma.

Request for In Progress Status

Study Abroad Application (101k, pdf)

Teaching Practicum Registration Form (57.1k, pdf)

  • Teaching Practica courses cover a variety of directed and supervised experiences in classroom teaching. 

Transcript Request (26.5k, pdf)

  • Order an official transcript online here.
  • Or submit the Transcript Request Form to obtain an official transcript.

Transfer Credit Verification Form (119k, pdf)

  • Verify that a course you intend to take elsewhere will transfer to Mills.

Trial Registration Worksheet (114k, pdf)

  • Use this worksheet to plan your schedule. The Worksheet does not take the place of the regular registration form.

Undergraduate Application for Graduation (60k, doc)

  • Complete this form online, in consultation with your advisor, and submit to the M Center.

Veteran's Benefit Intent form (12k, pdf)

Veteran Change of Major form (6k pdf)

Withdraw Form (117k, pdf)

Yellow Ribbon Program Application (35k, pdf)

  • Use this application to apply for Yellow Ribbon benefits as specified in the Post 911 GI Bill.


Online FAQ
Online Instructions

Academic Requirements

Academic Records Forms


Degree and Enrollment Verification

Degree Works

Domestic Study Opportunities

Records FAQ

Transcript Requests

Undergrad Transfer Credit

Veteran's Benefits


Monday, 9:00-4:00
Tuesday-Thursday, 9:00-5:00
Friday, 10:00-5:00

Contact Information

Carnegie Hall

P: 510.430.2000
F: 510.430.2003

Last Updated: 9/11/18