Why does a student organization have to register with The Center for Student Leadership,
Equity & Excellence every year?
Current clubs and organizations must re-register every academic year. This enables
clubs to reserve space on campus, host events, use a club email alias, and be listed
as an official club at Mills College.
To receive ASMC funding, clubs must be registered by the registration deadline as
well as attend the Board of Presidents (BOP) and Board of Treasurers (BOT) meetings.
BOP meetings occur two to three times per semester. Presidents will be notified of
What if we want to start a new club or organization?
Registration for new clubs and organizations are accepted during the first six weeks
of the fall and spring semesters.
What are the ASMC and College requirements for becoming a recognized campus organization?
Your group and its members and officers/representatives are responsible for understanding
and abiding by all of these policies and procedures. In particular, please note that:
- You must have at least three currently enrolled undergraduate student members to serve
as president, treasurer, publicity chair plus one faculty/staff advisor who has signed
the Advisor Agreement form.
- The voting members and officers of your organization must be currently enrolled Mills
- Your members and officers must agree to accept College and campus regulations including,
but not limited to, the Honor Code, as outlined in the Mills College Student Handbook.
- Your organization may not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, age, medical
condition, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, or sexual orientation, in giving
access to your programs, services, and events. Officer selection criteria may include
a requirement that officers are expected to accept the tenets of the organization
as set forth in the organization's constitution and by-laws.
- Your organization must have a current constitution on file with The Center for Student
Leadership, Equity & Excellence.
What do we need to do to get our organization registered or re-registered?
Step One—Complete the Club Registration and Club Advisor Agreement forms below and submit
a constitution if not already on file.
Step Two—Fulfill expectations of student organizations:
- The president or their proxy will attend Board of Presidents (BOP) meetings.
- The treasurer must attend a budget workshop and follow all budgetary guidelines to
receive funding at the Board of Treasures (BOT) meetings called by the ASMC accountant.
- Two members must attend the Student Leadership Conference.
- Submit a summary report of all income and expenses (ledger) by 4:00 pm on the last
Friday of classes each semester.
If there are any questions regarding Club Registration, please contact the coordinator
of student activities at email@example.com
Club Registration Forms
- Registration Form
- Advisor Agreement
- Sample Constitution (PDF)