Club registration is held at the beginning of each fall and spring semester. Please
look for announcements in the student forum, on IG @thecenteratmills, and through
email communications to club leaders.
Why does a student organization have to register with The Center for Student Leadership,
Equity & Excellence every year?
Current clubs and organizations must re-register every academic year. This enables
clubs to reserve space on campus, host events, use a club email alias, and be listed
as an official club at Mills College.
To receive ASMC funding, clubs must be registered by the registration deadline as
well as attend the Board of Presidents (BOP) and Board of Treasurers (BOT) meetings.
BOP meetings occur two to three times per semester. Presidents will be notified of
What if we want to start a new club or organization?
Registration for new clubs and organizations are accepted during the first few weeks
of the fall and spring semesters. Please email email@example.com to ask about deadlines and registration questions.
What are the ASMC and College requirements for becoming a recognized campus organization?
Your group and its members and officers/representatives are responsible for understanding
and abiding by all of these policies and procedures. Please review the Student Clubs and Organization Resource Guide, specifically sections: Registration and Community, Organizational Management and
ASMC Funding. In particular, please note that:
- You must have at least three currently enrolled undergraduate student members to serve
as president, treasurer, publicity chair plus one faculty/staff advisor who has signed
the Advisor Agreement form.
- The voting members and officers of your organization must be currently enrolled Mills
- Your members and officers must agree to accept College and campus regulations including,
but not limited to, the Honor Code, as outlined in the Mills College Student Handbook.
- Your organization may not discriminate against anyone on the basis of race, color,
national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, disability, age, medical
condition, ancestry, marital status, citizenship, or sexual orientation, in giving
access to your programs, services, and events. Officer selection criteria may include
a requirement that officers are expected to accept the tenets of the organization
as set forth in the organization's constitution and by-laws.
- Your organization must have a current constitution on file with The Center for Student
Leadership, Equity & Excellence.
What do we need to do to get our organization registered or re-registered?
All clubs—new or renewing—must complete the registration process by the registration
New clubs or organizations that were not successfully registered in the previous academic
- Complete the New Club Registration form.
- Elect a minimum of three officers: President, Treasurer, and Publicity Chair (one
person may not hold more than one officer role in the same club).
- Secure a faculty or staff advisor for your organization and submit the Advisor Agreement form. After we receive your New Club Registration form, we will contact the listed advisor
with the needed documents.
- Read the Student Club and Resource Guide and submit any question firstname.lastname@example.org. Please share this resource guide with your chosen advisor.
- Submit a club constitution and club roster for approval to email@example.com using the following document templates:
- Club Constitution (pdf format only)
- Club Roster that indicates executive board members (filename must be saved as "Clubname_DocumentTitle2021")
Renewing clubs must:
- Complete the Club Renewal form.
- Read the Student Clubs and Organization Resource Guide and submit any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Be sure to request access to your Club Folder (email@example.com) and place all documents in the folder as indicated in the Club Renewal form.
- Submit an updated club roster using the Club Roster template (filename must be saved as "Clubname_DocumentTitle2021") to your allocated folder
in the Center Club Drive folder.
- Once you have submitted all documents, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a review.
If there are any questions regarding Club Registration, please contact the coordinator
of student activities at email@example.com.
Club Registration Forms