Healthcare Over the Summer and After Mills

Healthcare Over the Summer

The Vera Whole Health Center at Mills closes every summer. The last day of on-campus service is the day before Commencement, and the first day of on-campus service is the Monday of New Student Orientation.

International students who are covered under the Mills College Student Health Plan may use their health insurance over the summer. To find out locations and resources, log in to the Gallagher student health plan website for Mills students.

All other students who are insured through other plans should seek services from providers covered by their health insurance. For more assistance finding a provider, please contact the Manager of Wellness and Community Outreach before the end of June at 510.430.2260 or

Health Insurance Coverage After Mills

After leaving Mills College, students should purchase a coverage plan or sign up for government-assisted medical coverage, if they haven't done that already. Enroll in a plan through a state or federal health benefits exchange, such as Covered California or the Federal Benefits Exchange. To learn more, please contact the Manager of Wellness and Community Outreach at

Medical Records Requests by Former Students

Before the 2017–18 academic year, you may have had tests, vaccinations, or screenings done at the student health center or a nearby Kaiser Permanente facility while you were a student at Mills College. If you lost the results provided to you by Kaiser Permanente clinicians or support staff at the student health center, you have several options to obtain duplicate information:

  1. If you are still a member of Kaiser Permanente, you can find most information in your online medical record. You will not find x-ray results or TB screening results there, but you will find most lab test results. Register online, then go to "My Medical Record." You may save or print your result or you may continue to be a Kaiser member, in which case, you can retrieve them online any time. If you need a copy of medical records that are not online (including TB Screening result that is handed to you in the form of a card at the Health Center), then see number 2 below.
  2. If you did not choose to purchase one of the Kaiser Permanente student health plans through Mills College, you would still have been issued a temporary medical record number to be seen at the student health center. If you need a copy of a screening such as TB screening result or other proof of immunization, you may stop by the Vera Whole Health Center during the academic year.