Healthcare for International Students

All international students must enroll in our Mills Student Health Plan at the Gallagher student health plan website for Mills students.

Charges will be billed to your student account. You will receive an email invitation where you will be able to track claims and find a doctor as well as other important information, including customer service, emergency contact information, and help using your insurance.

Dates of coverage are August 15–January 14 for the fall term, January 15–August 14 for the spring term.

How to use your insurance: You may see a health care provider at the Vera Whole Health Center on campus at no charge for the office visit, so you do not need to use your student health insurance. We encourage all students to use the health center first. You may coordinate the use of your insurance at an outside lab or pharmacy, specialty care practice or hospital.

Insurance Options for Dependents of International Students

Mills College does not require international students to purchase the same coverage for dependents. However, J-1 visa students should know that dependents must have the same level of coverage (not necessarily through the same insurance company) as students. See the J1 Visa Requirements in the the Exchange Visitor Program Welcome Brochure (PDF).

Below are several other insurance options for dependents.

Additional Resources