Counseling & Psychological Services
At Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS), we envision a healing centered community
that continually returns to our values and critically examines our practices to seed
justice in the mental health field. CAPS offers confidential counseling, psycho-education
and outreach, crisis intervention, faculty and staff consultation, campus resources,
and support with community referrals. For more information, see our CAPS Scope of Services.
CAPS Counseling Center
The CAPS Counseling Center is staffed by professional counselors from varied ethnic,
educational, and experiential backgrounds. We offer counseling, workshops, and referrals
and are here to help you. If you would like more information, please feel free to
contact us to answer questions such as:
- How might counseling be helpful?
- What kinds of problems do people talk about in counseling?
- What services are offered at the Counseling Center?
- How do I make an appointment?
- How would I refer a friend or student?
Mills Remote Healthcare
Students living outside of Alameda, Contra Costa, and San Francisco counties can access
free remote mental healthcare through a new telehealth service: Mills Remote Healthcare.
Services include on-demand 24/7 access to a mental health professional through TalkNow
and scheduled counseling sessions with a licensed counselor for ongoing counseling.
To register for and access telehealth services, visit Mills Remote Healthcare or download the Timely MD app.
If you would like to make an appointment to see one of our counselors:
- Call 510.430.2111, Monday through Friday, between 9:00 am–1:00 pm and 2:00 pm–5:00 pm. At this time,
appointments cannot be scheduled in person.
- Due to precautions related to COVID-19, all counseling appointments will be offered
remotely via teletherapy (phone or Zoom)
- For students staying in Alameda, Contra Costa, and San Francisco counties, including
on campus, counseling services will be provided by Mills College Counseling and Psychological
- Students outside of these counties will be connected to counseling through our partnership
- When you call, you will be asked some screening questions including about your availability.
- You will then be scheduled for a phone screening with one of our counselors.
- We also have urgent, same-day appointments available. If you feel that you need to
see someone urgently, please let our front desk staff know.
- If you have questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, this email is only to be used for non-urgent concerns related to information
In case of emergency, call 911 and/or campus safety at 510.430.5555
. For more information, please call us at 510.430.2111
Please note: Counseling records are not part of a student's education record.