Counseling & Psychological Services
The mission of Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) is to assist our students
in attaining greater knowledge about themselves and their relationships with others,
to identify their strengths, and some of the challenges they face in making healthy
and meaningful choices and achieving personal and academic success at Mills College.
Toward that end, CAPS offers confidential counseling, psycho-education and outreach,
crisis intervention, faculty and staff consultation, campus resources, and community
referrals. For more information, see our CAPS Scope of Services. CAPS is committed to a holistic concept of individual development and a multicultural
perspective on personal and social transformation.
CAPS Counseling Center
The CAPS Counseling Center is staffed by professional counselors from varied ethnic,
educational, and experiential backgrounds. We offer counseling, workshops, and referrals
and are here to help you. If you would like more information, please feel free to
contact us to answer questions such as:
- How might counseling be helpful?
- What kinds of problems do people talk about in counseling?
- What services are offered at the Counseling Center?
- How do I make an appointment?
- How would I refer a friend or student?
If you would like to make an appointment to see one of our counselors:
- Come into the Cowell Building or call 510.430.2111, Monday through Friday, between
9:00 am – 5:00 pm.
- When you arrive, you will be asked to fill out some paperwork including a form about
- You will then be given an appointment to meet with one of our counselors.
- We also have urgent, same-day appointments available. If you feel that you need to
see someone urgently, please let our front desk staff know.
- If you do not feel comfortable calling or coming to the front desk, you can email
email@example.com. Please note, this email is only to be used for non-urgent concerns related to information
In case of emergency, call 911 and/or campus safety at 510.430.5555.
For more information, please call us at 510.430.2111.
Please note: Counseling records are not part of a student's education record.