Vehicle Safety Tips
When parking your car, always remember the following tips:
- Always keep your doors locked.
- Never leave your windows down, not even a little bit during the summer months.
- Always lock valuable items in the trunk or take them with you.
- Keep the inside of your car as clutter-free as possible (e.g. do not leave textbooks,
CDs, or anything else that might give a thief the slightest temptation to break into
- Carry your registration and insurance card with you; never leave valuable documents
in your car that could help a thief identify who you are or where you live.
If you ever feel uncomfortable walking to or from your car, regardless of the time
of day or night, contact Public Safety for an escort at 510.430.5555 from off campus, or call extension 5555 from any campus