Areas of Study
Academic Calendar
» Undergraduate Catalog
Catalog Archives

Home > Academics > Undergraduate >
Undergraduate Catalog

Graduate Degree and Certificate Programs

Bachelors to Masters Accelerated Degree Programs

Degree Programs

Certificate and Non-Degree Programs

Graduate and Certificate Programs

Mills offers graduate degrees and certificates in the programs listed below; it also recommends qualified students for teaching credentials in California. Contact Graduate Admission for detailed information on admission requirements, fees, application deadlines, and specific courses. 

Residence Facilities for Graduate Students
Graduate women have the option of living in any upper-class residence hall, Ross House, or the Courtyard Townhouses. Graduate men will only be assigned to the Courtyard Townhouses and Ege Hall. Graduate students with children may apply for the Underwood Apartments.

back to top

Degree Programs

Master of Arts

Applied Economics

Dance: with emphasis in dance history, theory, and criticism

Education: with Master’s programs in Teacher Education, Early Childhood Education, and Educational Leadership, and an EdD program in Educational Leadership.

English Language and Literatures

Infant Mental Health

Interdisciplinary Computer Science: with emphasis in a chosen liberal arts discipline—linguistics, music, etc. (See Mathematics and Computer Science)

Music: with emphasis in composition

Master of Business Administration

MBA/MPP joint Master's in Business Administration and Public Policy

Master of Public Policy

Master of Fine Arts

Art (Studio): with emphasis in ceramics, painting, photography, sculpture (includes installation), or intermedia (electronic arts and video arts)

Book Art and Creative Writing

Creative Writing: poetry

Creative Writing: fiction or creative non-fiction


Music: Performance and literature

Music: Electronic music and recording media

Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership

back to top

Certificate Programs

Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Certificate

Post-baccalaureate in computer science offers courses of study tailored to individual needs and prepare students to enter careers in the computing field or to gain admission to, and succeed in, strong graduate schools of computer science.

Post-baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program offers undergraduate courses in an encouraging and supportive setting to women and men with the BA or BS degree who lack the science background needed to pursue graduate studies and careers in the health sciences.

Second baccalaureate degrees: Students who hold the bachelor of arts degree and wish to enroll for additional undergraduate courses may be admitted either as candidates for a second bachelor's degree or as special graduate students (see below). Individuals pursuing a second undergraduate degree are not eligible for scholarship/grant assistance, but they may apply for Federal Stafford Loans. Information and application forms are available at the M Center or by calling 510.430.2000.

Special graduate students may take Mills courses in the graduate or undergraduate curriculum on a space-available basis, with departmental approval, and must complete the application process outlined in the Graduate Catalog. Students can be considered non-matriculated "special" graduate students for up to two semesters. Special graduate students are not eligible for Federal Stafford Loans.

back to top

Teaching Credentials, Permits, and Specializations

Mills College prepares and recommends qualified students for a variety of California teaching credentials. Information regarding these programs  and the process of applying for admission can be obtained from the School of Education at 510.430.3170.

Administrative Services Credential (ASC)

Early Childhood Special Education Specialist Credential for working with high-risk infants and preschool-aged children in early intervention and preschool special education.

Multiple Subjects and/or Single Subject Teaching Credentials for teaching in California elementary schools and single subject teaching credentials for teaching art, English, foreign language (Spanish or French), mathematics, or science in California middle and high schools. 

Specialization of Competence for Child Life in Hospitals including child life worker and child life specialist, leading to certification with the Child Life Council.

back to top

Undergraduate Catalog
Table of Contents

About Mills

Academic Requirements

Academic Regulations

Transfer Credit


Advising and Registration

Course Descriptions

Majors and Minors

Graduate Degree and Certifcate Programs

Student Life



Financial Aid

Last Updated: 9/19/17