Tuition & Financial Aid

mills image

We are fully committed to ensuring that a Mills education is within reach for those who have the desire and the qualifications to attend. Our costs are competitive with other colleges of our caliber, and we provide access to a range of financial aid, including scholarships, assistantships and loans. Some are funded by Mills directly, and others are state and federal programs.

To learn more about applying for financial aid at Mills and access downloadable forms and applications, visit the Mills graduate financial aid page. For tuition, fee, and payment information, visit graduate tuition and fees.

For information about our graduation rates, the median debt of students who completed the program and other important information, please refer to the Federal Gainful Employment Disclosure Statement.

Scholarship and Financial Aid Resources

Mills Sources of Aid

Need-Based Scholarships: Applicants requesting additional financial assistance may be eligible for a need-based grant of up to $6000 per year, based on full-time enrollment. Need-based grants require a student to submit a FAFSA. Students who are DACA eligible or otherwise unable to submit a FAFSA online should contact the Office of Graduate Admissions to discuss the possibility of submitting alternate documentation to be considered for need-based grants.

Teaching Assistantships: Limited opportunities are available for students to receive a teaching assistantship in their second-year to cover up to 50% of their annual tuition. Students should work with their faculty advisors during their first-year to discuss eligibility.

Federal Sources of Aid

Loans: Eligible students may borrow up to $12,500 for certificate programs under the Federal Stafford Loan Program.

External Sources of Aid

Our students have successfully found scholarships, grants and loans from a variety of financial institutions and funding organizations. While we do not endorse individual organizations or websites, we have collected the following resources that you may find helpful.

E4FC–Students who have DACA status or otherwise do not have legal residency in the United States can access this list of scholarships and fellowships that do not require proof of citizenship or legal permanent residency.

Davis-Putter Scholarship–This scholarship provides grants to undergraduate and graduate student activists working to effect social change and peace.

National Association of Graduate and Professional Students–This organization provides some helpful links for locating funding opportunities as well as resources and advice for graduate students.

Browse this comprehensive list of scholarships prepared by Mills.

Contact Information
P: 510.430.3309

If you have a specific question for a faculty member, please contact or call 510.430.2317.

Last Updated: 3/15/18