Pacific Northwest College of Art at Willamette University

Pacific Northwest College of Art at Willamette University

Pacific Northwest College of Art (PNCA) empowers artists and designers to re-imagine what art and design can do in the world. PNCA is the only art and design college located in one of the most progressive cities in the United States. For all of its 100 plus years, PNCA has nurtured the talent in its students for radically re-imagining everything—transforming the lives of our students and everyone they touch.

Degree Pathways

Undergraduate Programs

  • Animated Arts
  • Graphic Design
  • General Fine Arts
  • Creative Writing
  • Illustration
  • Intermedia
  • Painting
  • Photography
  • Printmaking Sculpture
  • Video + Sound

About the School

Residency Options/Requirements

We have on-campus housing called Arthouse. Transfers with over 30 credits are not required to live in Arthouse, but it is an option. Otherwise, our Admissions and Student Life department is happy to help with guiding students in the right direction for off-campus housing. For more information, visit our Arthouse Residence web page.

Tuition & Fees

For our most current tuition, fees, and room and board information, visit our Tuition and Finanical Aid page.

Financial Aid

One-hundred percent of our incoming students receive a renewable merit-based scholarship. On top of that, the Admissions Office provides additional scholarships based on financial need and some are based on merit. We are offering Mills transfer students a special guaranteed renewable scholarship as well as a non-renewable relocation grant.

Transfer Requirements

Transfer Application


Early App deadline for Spring 2022 is Nov. 15th and Fall 2022 is Dec. 15th - if students apply before then, they qualify for $1,000 Early App Scholarship, renewable each year.

School Transcripts

Transcripts should be submitted to the PNCA Admissions Office.

If your official Mills transcripts are required as part of the documentation process, the Mills Admissions Department can submit the transcript request for you. Transcript fees will be waived for requests submitted by the Office of Admissions or the Mills advising team only. Please note that, if you need to provide official transcripts from other schools, you will be responsible submitting and covering the costs for those requests.