Helpful Study Hints
- Obtain and keep the course syllabus.
- Review course material weekly during the semester: re-read notes, workbook exercises,
reading notes, and the textbook.
- Arrange to study with other students in your classes. Often you will understand an
area that may present other students with difficulty, and they may be able to assist
you with your problem area.
- Attend the office hours of your instructor. Meet with the professor as soon as you
experience difficulty with a class.
- Ask for assistance with a problem only after you have made an effort to work it out
on your own. People are often more willing to help you when they see evidence you
have tried your best.
- Seek help from the people best qualified to give it—instructors, advisors, teaching
assistants, and tutors. Close friends may not be able to evaluate your needs with
impartiality and objectivity.